Advent is a time to reexamine where you are on your journey with Jesus.
Our Advent Devotional guide, Navigating our Salvation, was written in 2019 by members of our congregation to help you on that journey.
Prepare your hearts and set apart time to take this journey with us with the resources below. There is a reflection and scripture for each day of the Advent season.
Introduction & Preparation
- 2019 Advent Devotional Teaser“Advent…helps us to understand fully the value and meaning of the mystery of Christmas. It is not just about commemorating the historical event, which occurred some 2,000 years ago in a little village of Judea…The whole of our life must be an ‘advent,’ a vigilant awaiting of the final coming […]
- Getting ReadyIn the Western secular calendar, the New Year begins on January 1st. You may observe the start of that new calendar with a late night of celebration and a mini fresh start to your life, with new goals and personal disciplines. In contrast, the Christian year starts on December 1st with […]
- Preparing Your HeartThe habit has been engrained in us since childhood: making a Christmas list. Maybe we wrote letters to Santa, asking for some of the toys we’d been seeing in advertisements. As we grew up, we addressed our Christmas Lists to our parents. In adulthood, we spend more time making sure […]
- Using the DevotionalBreath Prayer: Notice your breathing. Breathe in the breath of God and breathe out the sins, worries, and hurts of the day. Slow your breath. Breathing in, say to yourself, “Come.” Exhaling, breathe out, “Lord Jesus.” Opening Scripture: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was […]
- Dec 1 – An Unexpected Hour
- Dec 2 – Remember Your Baptism
- Dec 3 – Faith of our Ancestors
- Dec 4 – Distant from God
- Dec 5 – Do One Thing
- Dec 6 – Everlasting Covenant
- Dec 7 – Prepare the Way!
- Dec 8 – Repent!
- Dec 9 – The Fruit of Repentance
- Dec 10 – Sharing Repentance
- Dec 11 – Careless Words
- Dec 12 – The End of War
- Dec 13 – Living with the End in Mind
- Dec 14 – Dedicated to God
- Dec 15 – Standing for the Truth
- Dec 16 – Inner Healing
- Dec 17 – Doubt
- Dec 18 – Misplaced Concern
- Dec 19 – Belonging to Grace
- Dec 20 – Managing the Estate
- Dec 21 – All Things New
- Dec 22 – The In-Between
- Dec 23 – The Key
- Dec 24 – Sharing the Greatest Gift